People working at an early age is not a new concept. As a matter of fact, parents and some experts encourage as early as children to do some chores in exchange of a gift or a token. This will teach them the value of hard work while at a young age. There are some teenagers who were taught that if they wanted something, they would have to work for it.
There are so many jobs that young adults can do today. There are many weekend jobs, after school jobs and summer jobs that they can go into in order to earn some extra money for themselves. Teen jobs have many advantages. For one thing, they won’t rely on their parents all the time. They can earn their own money and buy things that they want. This would be a great help to the parents as well.
Secondly, teenagers will develop a sense of responsibility. If they want to be hired, they have to prove they can be trusted with the job. If they want to be paid, they have to do their jobs properly. This teaches them that they have to be responsible of their actions because people are counting on them. And third, it will prepare them for the world outside the their four-cornered classroom. It will give them the advantage of knowing the ins and outs of the world of employment before others do. Plus are the everyday experiences that they can learn lessons from.
(SEE ALSO: NETWORKING: Great Jobs for the Unemployed)
Common jobs for teenagers are as follows:
- Dog walking
- Mowing lawns
- Weekend jobs at the community supermarket.
- Assisting in neighborhood carwash or car repair.
Other money making ways for the youngsters:
- Garage sales! Not only will you earn extra cash but your mom will be thankful that you have finally cleaned your room and got rid of all the junk.
- Refreshment stands. You can sell drinks and other small snacks to passers-by.
- Chores for cash. You can volunteer to clean the family care, give your dog a bath or wash the dishes for a price.
- Tutoring service. If there are subjects that you excel in, you can use it to your advantage. You can spread flyers in your neighborhood about your tutoring service. You can help out kids your age and encourage them to study more.
You see just because you are young doesn’t mean you should be idle. There are about a million and one ways for you to use your talent and skills earn your first dollar.