Why do multinational companies outsource a call center support? In the growing demand for call center agents, the factors affecting it would boil down to three things – the low cost, work quality, and a quicker business.
And what’s in it for the outsourced workers? They can easily get a high-paying job and competitive benefits with just having a good English language background. Two of the most outsourced countries are the Philippines and India. Here, we are going to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the call center industry.
The Benefits in the Call Center Industry
More and more fresh graduates are eyeing the call center industry as their line of career regardless of what their degree is. Practically speaking, along with the economic surge, they want something that would benefit them the most.
• Having a good English language communication skill is easy. Therefore, it is also easy to get a job after graduation unlike before.
• Even if you are an undergraduate and you can speak English, you are welcome to be part of the call center industry.
• The perks are undoubtedly high as opposed to some careers.
• There are a lot of career opportunities in the industry though some would think that the business is unstable.
• There is no age limit. Anyone can be part of the call center business.
• The application and hiring processes are easy and most companies do it in just one day.
The good points were already mentioned, but how about the dangers that await the workers?
• The work schedule is mostly on a graveyard shift. In that case, the call center employees can face various health issues because they need to adjust their body clocks when waking up and eating.
• They are awake while others are asleep. They are asleep while others are awake.
• They are missing out the latest current affairs and events because of their working time and schedule.
• The sleeping pattern is not normal.
Above all, if you are part of the call center industry, the level of your confidence when it comes to speaking English will be enhanced. However, the very danger would be the abnormal working schedule that might lead to harmful health effects. The only way to get out of the negative part is to make sure that you still monitor your health, your eating and sleeping habits, and most of all, take time to enjoy on your spare time. The call center business is a good recommendation for fresh graduates and undergraduates.