Have you done your resume already? Did the company call you already and is scheduling you for a job interview? Creating a resume could have been a challenging task for you.
It is a way of presenting and marketing yourself in writing form. Now that you have passed that phase, it’s about time to step to the next level. And this is stepping into the job interview. The job interview is more challenging than creating a resume.
It is the basis of the company to see that the information you put in the resume are real. Also, this is the time to show the company what personality you have.
They will base on the interview if you will suit the company’s working environment and if you can handle the tasks assigned for the job you are applying for.
Your job interview is crucial as much as it is crucial in writing a resume. So if you want to pass your job inteview and get your desired job, here are some tips:
- Wear appropriate clothes – Make sure you are not wearing casual attire during the interview. The company must be impressed by how you look. Don’t be too formal, but don’t be too casual too. Just be in office attire or semi-formal attire to show how professional you are.
- Research on the company – It is best to have an idea on what company you are entering. The interviewer will be impressed if you are knowledgeable in their business.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled interview.
- Answer briefly and honestly – Employers hate lengthy answers. Be brief and confident when you speak. Avoid stuttering and going around the bushes when you answer. Go straight to the point.
- Be careful with your body language – Your interest will be shown in the way you move. So be cautious. Back straight, don’t slouch.
- Be confident.